The purpose of this job is the prevention of illness and disability, and the early detection and correction of health problems. The school nurse is uniquely qualified in preventive health, health assessment, and referral procedures.
1. Assuring the School’s Student Health Records are in compliance with all pertinent federal and state laws governing non-public school.
2. Developing and implanting methods, standards and processes for managing student health records, administering medication, providing emergency services and other related issues.
3. Creating, disseminating and compiling all forms necessary to assure efficient and effective operations of Student Health Services.
4. Closely communicating with parents to monitor the health of students who becomes ill.
5. Communicating with parents and staff on health practices, records, immunizations and the like.
6. Providing training for students and staff in policies, practices and procedures related to Student Health Services.
7. Establish an ongoing connection with an established doctor or doctor’s group.
8. Develop a health emergency plan.
9. Arrange for and/or conduct annual vision and hearing screenings.
10. Annually update all records.
11. Check and document the health of the students on a daily basis.
12. Contact the school’s doctor to communicate and deal with the student’s health issues.
13. Take ill students to hospital; take students to take vaccine when necessary.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Passionate about our mission and our work;
2. Humble, respectful of others, a good communicator and willing to help your colleagues and the school improve;
3. Comfortable with ambiguity and change; Flexible in hours, events and willing to offer supports;
4. Ready to be aware and tolerant about cultural differences;
5. Private school nurse experience preferred.